Hey San Antonio,
Here are a few awesome healthy breakfast ideas (protein pancakes, quiche, and a breakfast quesadilla – enjoy!
• 4 egg whites
• 1/3 cup dry oatmeal
• 1 scoop low-card protein powder
• 1/2 banana sliced
Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Spray frying pan with cooking spray and cook mixture as you do regular pancakes. Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon, sweetener, or sugar-free syrup. Variation: Substitute other fruits in the mixture, such as sliced strawberries, or have none at all.
Crustless Quiche Base
Makes 4 portions
6 whole eggs
8 egg whites
10 oz. cottage cheese
Fresh ground black pepper
Vegetable of your choice
1. Blend together eggs, whites and cottage cheese until well combined. Add salt and pepper and stir well.
2. Fill muffin cups with vegetable mixture of your choice.
3. Top with egg mixture.
4. Place in preheated 400-degree oven for about 15-20 minutes or until just set. If using a large baking dish, cook for about 20-30 minutes or until just set.
5. Let cool, then pop out of pan.
Can be stored in fridge for about 4-5 days.
Dietary Fiber 0
Can be baked in:
Muffin cups lined
Muffin cups sprayed with non stick spray
Silicone muffin cups, no spray or liners
Large pie plate or cake pan
Glass baking dish
Individual mini tin dishes
Large tin dish
Large non stick sauté pan oven proof
Cast iron pan
2 tortilla(s), whole wheet, 8-inch
1/2 cup(s) egg substitute
1 dash(es) pepper, black ground
1 dash(es) pepper, cayenne
2 slice(s) tomato(es)
1/2c fat free Mexican Cheeses
1 slice(s) onion(s), (optional)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Scramble egg substitute in small skillet.
2. Lay 1 tortilla on a nonstick baking sheet. Spoon cooked egg substitute on top and sprinkle with peppers. Top with tomato, cheese, and onion, if desired.
3. Add second tortilla on top. Press lightly. Bake 5 minutes, flip, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into fourths to serve.