1. Slow, low intensity cardio makes you fat. By fat, I mean “NOT LEAN”. Ill looking. High intensity interval training is the only specific cardio you need unless you are training for an endurance event.
2. Working out is great, but being lazy in your daily life isn’t helping you get leaner. Get active and get lean.
3. A little bit of alcohol goes a long way toward making you fat. Give it up if you want to be lean.
4. Lifting with low intensity makes you fat. Get bang for your buck by performing multi-joint movements, and lift in the 70-85 1RM range for true hypertrophic response.
5. Lack of sleep makes you fat. Go home. Put work away. Turn off the television. Turn off the computer. Put down your phone. Go to sleep. A slight sleep deficit has the same hormonal effect on fat storage as overeating 600 calories each day.
6. Increase your resting metabolic rate makes you lean. Add lean body mass, period. It isn’t easy and there is a science behind it. You aren’t just going to get “big and bulky” unless you simply get fat.
7. Trans fats make you fat. Remove them.
8. Processed foods make you fat.
9. High quality sources of protein help you become lean.
10. Water, water, and more water keeps you lean, and keeps the body detoxified.
11. Vitamin D makes you lean.
12. Healthy fats make you lean.
13. Hard work makes you lean. If you aren’t getting there with the effort you are giving, give more.
14. High GI carbs make you fat.
15. Sugar, juices, sports drinks: Yes, they make you fat.
16. Probiotics help you become lean: healthy gut, healthy body.
17. Most people are zinc deficieint. Most people are fat. Zinc helps burn fat.
18. Dieting makes you fat. Yes, I did say that. It has to be a lifestyle.
19. If you are consuming high protein or BCAAs you are working on getting lean. Add B vitamins to the mix, as higher amino consumption robs the B Vitamin pool.
20. Fructose makes you fat. Fruit is fine, but shoot for lower fructose (dark colored berries) versus higher fructose (bananas, apples, oranges).
21. Excuses make you fat. Nobody has you chained up in a room forbidding exercise, and you control what you put into your mouth. You can make excuses, or you can make changes.