If you’re wondering why you aren’t losing fat and changing your body, it’s time to get drastic. Try this hardcore, yet seriously effective approach.
1. Stop the long, slow go cardio. High Intensity, Intervals, Sprinting. These things make you lean.
2. Limit fructose to sub 10 grams per day.
3. Make your two carbohydrate sources berries (cranberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries) and fiberous veggies.
4. Shoot for 10-15g of fish oil per day, and make sure you have a 1 to 1 ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6 fatty acids.
5. If you’re training, you should be consuming BCAAs while you are doing so.
6. Have Vitamin D, Zinc, and Magnesium levels tested (it’s inexpensive) and fix any deficiencies immediately.
7. Lift heavy with multi-joint exercises. Intensity is key, progression (getting stronger, adding reps, weight, etc) is king. No, you’re not going to get big and bulky. Keep the rest periods short.
8. Get sleep. It only takes a slight sleep deficit to throw yourself out of whack hormonally. A 3 hour deficit has the same fat storage effect as overeating by 600 calories.
9. Don’t forget the protein. I’ve written about it numerous times, so search the blog.
10. Eat real food. Ditch the bars and supplement meals.
11. Cut the processed foods completely.
12. Cut all trans fats.